Author Topic: Releasing & 'Clearing' States  (Read 7995 times)

Mr Bean

• View Profile
Releasing & 'Clearing' States
« on: April 04, 2005, 01:10:41 PM »
Hi David,

In the middle of a technique session recently my lower back went into a very, very painful spasm condition. I laid in Savasana for 30 mins and even showed symptoms of shock (cold, shaking etc). As there was no improvement in that time, I eventually got taken into A & E on a spinal board, by ambulance! Over 3 hours in casualty I was given doses of pain relief and muscle relaxants (anti-inflammatory drugs) and gradually became fully mobile.

Back at home, after a very deep sleep of some 12 hours I awoke feeling more mentally and physically relieved than I have ever known. The whole world is telling me not to get back to my asana practice for a while (this all happened 48 hours ago), but I cannot help but feel that I experienced a very strong release albeit emotional and/or physical. When the spasms took place I was doing nothing that I have not done daily for 3 years (I am 44 years young).

I feel I want to now start with Salutations, then the next day add standing postures and the third day add sitting postures etc. until my practice is back where it was, and I can move on.

I would love to hear your thoughts and advice on my experience if you can take the time to share them.
Thank you.
Billy Connolly said "Internet chat rooms are for people who get ignored in the pub"
Mr Bean said "Who wants to go to the pub anyway, let's do yoga!"

Alexander

A word of advice
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 10:39:06 PM »
Get a teacher first and maybe then you will stop hurting yourself! I do not see any connection between emotional release and ambulance rides to the hospital for drugs...  ???

If you hurt yourself it is not yoga.

Mr Bean

• View Profile
Re: Releasing & 'Clearing' States
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 11:51:51 PM »
Dear Alexander,

I have a teacher, Alexander, a very, very good one too.

You seem to think that I went and did it to myself on purpose, or did something wrong. Please read with a little more attention. "I was doing nothing that I haven't been doing for several years" and I know enough to know that I am NOT doing "bad yoga".

Some things in life set us back for a while, and you work through it and come out with better yoga.

As it happens, that incident took place 3 weeks ago now. I have practiced daily since then and have not had so much as a hint of re-occurance. ;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:11:07 AM by David Williams »
Billy Connolly said "Internet chat rooms are for people who get ignored in the pub"
Mr Bean said "Who wants to go to the pub anyway, let's do yoga!"