Author Topic: response to website letter  (Read 7494 times)

David Williams

• Administrator
  • Aloha
    • View Profile
response to website letter
« on: July 11, 2004, 02:21:50 AM »
Dear David Williams,

I just finished reading your letter on the Yoga Vermont web-site and became so sad I could not hold back the tears. After five years of practicing Ashtanga and pushing myself to the physical limit
I never truly understood you should be reaching for so much more. I have always been passionate about Ashtanga yoga and I think it was because it is sophysically demanding. I thought I was remaining humble yet in reality everytime I stepped on my mat I wanted to see how far I could push my body.
Each series I completed successfully ina physical way I was ready to attack the next. I guess I'm writing you this e-mail because I have a few questions. Why do most people judge a good yoga teacher by their physical achievements? Do you think you would have enjoyed yoga all these years if you were unable to physically achieve the Advanced series? I love yoga and always leave my practice hungry for more yet I would love to have the mental peace and tranquility you seem to have.  This may not be aquestion you can answer for me but how do you reach this amazing state of mental bliss?  You seem to have this delicate harmony with your physical, mental and spiritual and I would like to someday, somehow, experience this. I am so grateful for your time.

Mahalo,

Karena

David Williams

• Administrator
  • Aloha
    • View Profile
Re: response to website letter
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 09:13:45 AM »
Hi David,

I just visited your webpage.  We've never met but I've known about you, and have been learning from you indirectly, from the day I began the practice of Ashtanga, over five years ago.  You are one of my heroes!  And a Tar Heel to boot!

Peace and Good from the World of 9 to 5,

Homer