Author Topic: led vs mysore class style  (Read 7135 times)

weehawken

• View Profile
led vs mysore class style
« on: December 13, 2004, 02:47:19 PM »
Hi David
im planning to come to your upcoming connecticut workshop and look forward.  i like your writing on your website.  it is encouraging.  my question...ive been practicing for about 6 yrs, as much as i can but i do work a long 10 - 12 hr day.  so i often practice at home alone a short practice with an old chuck miller Patabhi Jois tape and only go to the seated postures.  When i go to class i really only feel comfortable in led class.  i cant get past this .  and the problem is that many of the teachers i would like to practice with only offer mysore. why is this ?  im gonna be in california and would like to take a class at chuck millers studio but they dont offer anything but mysore.  my brain goes blank in mysore.
what do you think?
thanks
beth

David

Re: led vs mysore class style
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 02:46:34 PM »
Dear Beth,
I think that you should go to classes that you enjoy.
I look forward to seeing you in Connecticut and getting to practice Yoga together.  The classes will be led by me.
Aloha,
David

Lu

Re: led vs mysore class style
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 08:44:02 AM »
This item is also one about the own responsibility; not only give it away to Chuck or other teacher if joining a led class. Led class are very good first, but if you get too used to it you pass the way.
Yoga leads you to your inner body and wisdom. If you aren*t just ready for it, practice led classes and try Mysore again and again till one day you're concentration and endurance will grow enough. This is a process and you'll not suceed over night. If you practice Ashtanga-Yoga you need patience again and again. Don't be impatient, practice! Lu