Author Topic: boston workshop  (Read 8248 times)

michelle silberman

boston workshop
« on: September 08, 2004, 11:59:32 AM »
hello, david...

just wanted to say thank you so much for the infusion of joy and spirit that you brought to boston...and to my practice!

in the two days since the workshop, already many of my students have told me that i've been shifting their practice towards more joy, thanks to you!  i love the idea of the breathing statue, the one cell organism, and especially the sense of ease and effortless towards the astanga practice.

i am so glad i got to meet you and drive you back and forth, sorry my car had so much stuff in it and thanks for bearing with me as i learned my way around cambridge...

hope to see you in maui or somewhere else on the planet!

namaste,
michelle silberman

David Williams

• Administrator
  • Aloha
    • View Profile
Re: Boston workshop, 2004
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 11:41:45 PM »
I wanted to thank you for the great time I had during your workshop. I hadn't really practiced ashtanga but I had a lot of fun trying.  I've got a lot to learn! I loved the style and easy going way you presented ashtanga to me. Honestly, in the past I had gone to a studio which specialized in ashtanga, and the teacher made me feel like such an idiot I never wanted anything to do with it again, but since your little workshop, I will chalk it up to a bad experience and keep trying.

Thank you and aloha!
Siobhan

David Williams

• Administrator
  • Aloha
    • View Profile
Re: Boston workshop, 2004
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 11:53:47 PM »
Dear David,

Praise for your workshop:
I really enjoyed your workshop -- you make Ashtanga yoga accessible to everyone in a way that is fun and safe.  I learned new ways to focus on staying present in my practice and deepening the subtle, but important aspects of the yoga.  I arrived recovering from a lower back injury and didn't expect to learn ways to improve my practice that would make my back feel better -- it's only been a week and I feel like a new person!  I think it's your focus on enjoying every moment of the poses and letting the breath, rather than external force, lengthen the pose (plus your tip on balancing out the forward bends with upward dog!).  You have a down-to-earth approach to yoga that is at once surprising, refreshing, energizing and -- fun!  Thanks for a great experience!

Warm regards,

Heather