Author Topic: New York Workshop  (Read 8548 times)

LYogini

• View Profile
New York Workshop
« on: March 09, 2008, 08:50:59 PM »
 :o

You will never go to another "work" shop.  David completes the yoga puzzle and finally satisfies the endless search for truth and wisdom.  Truly an enlightening breath.

David Williams

• Administrator
  • Aloha
    • View Profile
Re: New York Workshop
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:56:10 AM »
Dear David,
My epiphany...
How could so many of us have it wrong ?  Could it be that we were ALL just taught wrong?
We all see the form and the strength and have been taught to focus on the outer alignment . All of the workshops and teachers focus on advancing your postures, not your prana.   We are believing that the more advanced postures bring some kind of secret, and try to perfect the posture like we see it.   We desire to understand, but keep searching in the wrong place, led by teachers who are doing the same thing.  The search never ends because the information is never clear.
After over 20 years of workshops, study and practice, I feel like I am also guilty of teaching wrong knowledge.  It makes me cry to think that I may have hurt someone by my own ignorance.  You not only have lit my candle, but blown my mind to realize that I made it too hard on myself and others.  You have given me the missing puzzle pieces and my search is over.  I only hope I can convey your message to others.
Hope to see you at the Mela,
L
P.S. Jalandara Bandha was never a focus point for me, I never understood it.  My neck has been stiff for a year, and it feels better already.  Too many injuries later, I thank you!
Happy Travels

jutyoga

• View Profile
Re: New York Workshop
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 11:40:09 AM »
This was  a very enlightening workshop. My focus is shifting from struggling to get into asanas to breath, banda's & patience with myself.
Thank you for sharing with us David.....J