Author Topic: Kripalu workshop 2007  (Read 6472 times)

David Williams

• Administrator
  • Aloha
    • View Profile
Kripalu workshop 2007
« on: March 15, 2007, 01:40:05 PM »
Hello David,
This was the best experience for me & my yoga practice ever!
I learned how important the mulabandha and deep breathing really are and to focus not so much on the form and how hard you push yourself,  but to use your breath and ease into a position.  I really want to be able to do this for life and this really was great to be able to attend a workshop with you. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to taking another one of your workshops in the future!  I met a lot of great people there too! Thanks for signing my book!
Aloha,
Pamela

David Williams

• Administrator
  • Aloha
    • View Profile
Re: Kripalu workshop 2007
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 01:48:09 PM »
Dear David,

I was at your Ashtanga Yoga for the Rest of Your Life workshop at Kripalu this past weekend.  I was the one during the introductions that kidded about being there to see if you lived up to your reputation.  That was truly just a tease…because the workshop was my first experience/exposure to the Ashtanga method of yoga, so I really did not know the depth of your “reputation” entering the workshop.  I soon learned that you were truly the “master” in the world of Ashtanga…and you certainly exceeded that reputation in my mind's eye.

Being at Kripalu (for the first time!) and taking your workshop was nothing short of truly amazing…the atmosphere, the knowledge gained, the insight into myself, the friendships started and of course the wonderful food…all formed an experience that will make me smile from my heart with each new day.

I want to thank you for sharing yourself with us all.  Learning about the history of yoga and India and your life were as interesting to me as the exposure and practice of the asanas.  I left Lenox with a smile and a feeling of joy in my heart…I even went through the tolls on the Mass pike and paid for the car behind me…just to share the joy!  That’s the part of yoga that I want to last a lifetime!  It’s amazing the power of living in the present moment…but every so often I will visit the past and fondly remember the times shared at Kripalu and in your workshop.

David, thank your again for just being you and sharing that …aloha!

Jo Ann